Gratitude – a Happiness Risk/Reward Paradigm—Be grateful every day
- “Heartfelt expressions of love and appreciation are associated with a smooth, ordered, coherent pattern in the heart’s rhythmic activity
- The magnetic field produced by the heart is more than five thousand times greater in strength than the field generated by the brain and can be detected a number of feet away from the body, in all directions
- A person’s cardiac field is modulated by his or her different emotional states, several studies have now documented that the electromagnetic field generated by the heart may actually transmit information that can be received by others.”
- “When two people are at a conversational distance, the electromagnetic signal generated by one person’s heart can influence the other person’s brain rhythms. When an individual is generating a coherent heart rhythm, synchronization between that individual’s brainwaves and another person’s heartbeat is more likely to occur.
- The Heart / Brain wave connection has been measured between individuals up to five feet apart.
- “This deep form of communication establishes a heartfelt connection between people, resulting in perceptions of, among other things, really being understood and appreciated by the other.”
- “So when a person expresses heartfelt gratitude toward us, there is the potential for us to experience all sorts of benefits driven by this exchange of electromagnetic energy.” (Emmons, R. A., THANKS, How the New Science of Gratitude Can Make You Happier. New York: Houghton Mifflin Company, 2007, (87-89)
April 1, 2012 Gratitude, Intrinsic Blog 0 Comment(s)